Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Final Weigh-In

It's been four months since my doctor (well, I don't actually have a family doctor but it's as close as one as I'm going to get I suppose) put the fear of God into me and told me to try to eat healthier and make better food choices.

Since that time, I had a goal of getting to 200lbs and I've weighed myself to be 198lbs, down from about 222. I've been that weight for the last three weeks so you can say that my body has "plateaued" from my new eating regime . I might improve that some more since the last couple of months I've done little to no exercise, but I'll be starting up indoor ultimate next week and floor hockey shortly thereafter.

The key is all portions. I used to easily help myself to four or five cupcakes when one is plenty. No more footlong subs, I get the six inch sandwiches and choose leaner meats like turkey, chicken and ham over burgers, wings and ribs. At the same time, I allow myself to indulge once in a while, so the occasional visit to Baton Rouge will still happen. But as I said, it's all in moderation.

It's kind of nice to hear the compliments I get for my weight loss. The fact that people can actually see a difference is definitely encouraging and I really feel I can keep this up. To everyone that's encouraged me, thank you!

Comments:
Way to go BP it is never easy but it gets 'easier' as time goes and new habits are created.
 
P.S. Plateaus are frustrating I couldn’t agree more, but the great thing is once you get past one be it lighting weights, running, losing weight what ever the other side produces greater results, negative side is that the better shape you get into the harder the plateaus get to over come and that is where dedication comes in.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]