Monday, November 05, 2007

'Cause that's how I roll...

When I talk to people, I have a very annoying habit that I can't get rid of. Basically, when someone says a phrase such as "I just ate a delicious burger", I'll turn around and say, "You're a burger!" Yeah. Pretty witty, eh? It works well when you're not sure what to say. It can work with any sentence! Say someone asks you:

"Is that a new pair of jeans?"

Just tell them:

"You're a pair of jeans!"

Now the problem is I know it isn't very funny and it makes no sense, but I've said it ad nauseam for so long it's almost like a reflex and I can't stop myself. But I'm going to try to end saying it.

A new saying has also surfaced, perhaps to replace it. Whenever someone explains a story, talks about a movie they liked or maybe a trip they're going to take, I reply with, "Good times!" I have Rob to thank for that. So let's say you've told me how you went to the dentist and no cavities were found. My response is:

"Good times!"

I could also say, "You're a cavity!"

Do you want to punch me in the face yet?!

Comments:
BP I wanted to punch you in the face just bc you used "Cause that's how I roll..."
 
I'm all for getting rid of your catchphrase BP, but if you're going to steal Rob's, you've got to go the whole way.

See, Rob actually sounds excited when he says "Good Times". When you say it, it sounds sarcastic. Like you're saying "How nice for you, what's in it for me?"

Frankly, I'm just glad we've seen a sharp decrease in roof-raising in the past few years.

-Stan

PS - New Stanblog!

PPS - Go Steelers!
 
Ah, good times, both of you!
 
I'm so happy that you have replaced one annoyong habit with another, 'Good times'!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]