Saturday, October 13, 2007

Poker Stories


It's been a poker-riffic time for me the last week.

On Tuesday I played the Daniel Negreanu freeroll for a chance to play in the Bahamas at a prestigious poker tournament. It's a long shot, but basically you enter a field of 7500 players and the top 200 advance to round 2. About 2500 play in round 2, and if you manage to win that you move on to round 3 to play a final table against Daniel Negreanu. It's all free, and they give out cash prizes along the way. So I managed to finish 94 out of 7500 in round 1, and got a whopping $3.50 US for my efforts. NICE! Today I played round 2 and was doing very well. The cards went dead once I got to 14,000 in chips, and I ended up finishing in 164th place but still took home $2.70. Now if this was a $1,500 buy-in tournament like the one I played in June, let's just say I wouldn't have had to put the big TV on the Mastercard!

So let's hope the momentum continues for tomorrow's World Blogger Championship. Wish me luck!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]