Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Damn Yankees

So I don't watch baseball. The last time I watched MLB with any regularity was back in the day when the Blue Jays won back-to-back World Series. I guess at that point every Canadian was watching it. Afterwards, lost interest, and after tuning in to it later, Homer Simpson sums it up best: "I never realized how boring this game really is!"

BUT...I still had time to learn to hate a team. And that team is the New York Yankees. It seems every professional league has a team with unlimited payroll and obnoxious fans combined with numerous championships (Yankees, Manchester United, Toronto Maple Leafs, well, minus the championship part). I guess what gets me is that these teams have a huge advantage against these so-called small market teams that has nothing to with good drafting or management. And if the franchise plays under a cap system, then it's the bandwagon fans that choose to follow a team until they lose and they find someone else to cheer for. How many New England Patriots fans have surfaced over the last few years? What kind of sports fan is that? I'll tell you what kind...the kind I hate!

So when $200 million can't buy a World Series, that's fine with me. Way to go Indians, the Yankees SUCK!

Comments:
So are we to take it that you feel the same way about the Red Sox then?
 
No. Red Sox don't fall under the same category as the Yankees. There's just one team per league that feels my wrath of hate.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]