Sunday, October 14, 2007

Bleah



I guess if the worst thing to happen in your life recently is that your internet access goes down while playing in the middle of an online poker tournament, well, life ain't so bad.

I was really looking forward to the World Blogger Championship of Online Poker today, an annual event that gives out $40,000 worth of prizes, which isn't bad at all considering it's a freeroll. So 1337 entrants signed up, which is just over 1/2 the participants that signed up last year. Still, a big enough field nonethless. If you managed to finish 81st or better, you'd be in prize territory.

So to make a long story short, I was over at my mom's to play and the internet connection would go in and out and wouldn't stop. I would get disconnected in the middle of a hand which did not let me play optimally, mostly because I was cursing non-stop and just get really frustrated with it. I was disconnected for about 5 minutes and got in again, playing like normal until the connection would fail back & forth as before. It got to the point where when I was in 115th or so place with just over 400 players remaining, the internet connection went down entirely. John was playing in the same tourney so I couldn't drive back to use my PC at home. About an hour passed before it started up again, and my last hand already had more than 1/2 my chips posted in the big blind and I got busted out in 176th place.

It was just so frustrating because I was doing really well and had an excellent chance to finish in the prize brackets. But, didn't happen.

SBP screwjob!!!!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]