Sunday, October 21, 2007

Big Gaudy Ring

Look at that ring. Big, gaudy. Kinda like those rings they hand out if you're on a team that wins a Stanley Cup or Superbowl.

I think they're sweet!

There is no way I can ever play for the Red Sox trying to win a World Series, but playing in a World Series of Poker Circuit Event gives an average joe such as myself the opportunity to get in on the big, gaudy ring experience. I remember seeing a picture of former Red Wings and Hurricanes defenceman Aaron Ward proudly wear all three of his Stanley Cup championship rings on his fingers. I can only imagine the feeling of getting one.

So the thought of winning a lot of money at these poker tourneys is certainly appealing, but winning first place, and getting that ring, is what I'm really interested in.

Plans to go to Atlantic City in December are sort of in the air now due to unforeseen and uncontrollable circumstances, but within the year I'll compete at one of these tournaments, all in an effort to get a ring big enough for three fingers.

Go SBP!

Comments:
Boy, that ring is FUGLY. It kinda reminds me of the Schwartz ring that Dark Helmet and Lonestar had in Spaceballs. If you win one of those at a circuit event, I'll request you work on an impression of Rick Moranis from that cinematic classic.

Hey, new blog entry!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]