Wednesday, October 10, 2007

700 Posts...and an Ontario Election

I just noticed that this marks my 700th post as a blogger. Do I get a prize? No, but, it reaffirms my enjoyment of blogging and despite posting daily, I haven't gotten tired of it and will continue to do so until the day comes where I...do...get tired of it.

So...no surprises at all with this Ontario election. Despite Mcguinty's track record on not delivering the goods he promises, Ontarians seem a little bit scared to change things up. I think many feel a vote for the NDP would be wasted and might allow a Conservative government to slip through the cracks. I did vote NDP as Howard Hampton impressed me the most and comes across to me as the person I'd want to represent Ontario. He's very down to earth and isn't afraid to speak his mind. My vote had no basis on my local candidates because to be honest, I know so much more about the Party leaders than anyone else so I vote that way.

I also voted for the mixed representation system as although it would mean more MPPs, the idea that say, the Green Party earned 10% of the vote so they would get that representation at Queen's Park, seems like a very progressive form of democracy. I could be naive about that, but it fell through so it doesn't matter.

I do hope you took the time to vote and if you didn't you feel much shame!

Comments:
I guess the lesson is to lie early in your term and don't develop stupid platforms late in the campaign. :)
 
I have to be honest thought...having a new holiday in February is a pretty sweet deal!
 
Thank god the mixed-member proportional got tanked. what a cluster F#%# that would have been if the old system would have been lost.
 
You're tanked
 
I did my best to educate myself about the MMP proposal, and while I found that it would better reflect the population of certain areas, it would do nothing to support the rights, views or opinions of those newly-represented.

It would have, in my opinion, brought the provincial parliamentary system to a virtually endless stream of minority governments with back-room horse-trading as the only way to reach consensus on most issues.

However, I've also come to realize that even if the Family Day thing goes ahead, as someone employed on the Gatineau side of the river, I don't get to take advantage of it.

Grrr.
 
You voted NDP? Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it I guess...God bless Rae Days.

But the important thing is you voted.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]