Thursday, September 20, 2007

The TV is in...and a near waste of $1799.99

No blog entry last night: I was busy "working", awaiting the arrival of my big 56" TV, then headed to Sears to pick up the stand and spent about an hour with John assembling it. It's a good thing I have a roommate, because I'd probably try to put it together myself and not do it properly. In any case, I got a huge scare just moments after the TV arrived...I attempted to move my old TV and wall unit into my bedroom (it has castors) but after a few pulls, the wall unit leaned over sideways and the old TV slid right out. It just GRAZED the front screen of the new TV. It actually had this plastic "film" on the front of it that looked like dust, but luckily a wiping from a soft cloth cleared it off. "Ben, you are f*cking lucky!" were John's exact words. Indeed I was.

So I just tried to figure out the remote and settings before heading to sleep, and managed to watch 10 minutes of Letterman in HD before heading to bed. It's pretty awesome! I can't wait to have friends over to watch the Sens game in HD or watch a movie. It's amazing how material goods can sometimes ease the pain! :)

Comments:
Wow, sounds like a close call. You're a lucky man not to have smashed that new TV of yours. That would've been the ultimate SBP screwjob.
 
An SBP screwjob on SBP himself. Oh, the irony...
 
Can't wait to see it!!
 
The excitement was sooooo much that you're off work today??? People round here are doing a little ribing about what your day might be looking like.
OO'
--

All fun and games!

Congrats!!!
 
SWEET!!! when are you getting a 360?

=)

Congrats!!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]