Sunday, September 02, 2007

No More Bottled Water

I have officially stopped buying bottled water.

I can't even remember why I started in the first place.

In any case, loading the fridge with bottled water was very convenient. It was easy to grab a bottle before heading out to play Ultimate, or even just having nice, clean tasting H2O nice & cold at the turn of the cap. I got spoiled and decided tap water just didn't cut it. It didn't taste good. It was good for a shower and not much else.

There really isn't that much of a difference. But for the convenience and slightly different taste, we are paying about 1000% more than what's charged on our water bills and more importantly, adding tons of waste to our landfills if they weren't already pushed to their limits.

So, I'm not perfect, I bought a Brita water filter and in the process, have to dispose a filter every two months. But overall, I think us and the environment will all be better off if we stopped buying another bottle of Evian or Dasani, so I've quit buying.

Comments:
Hmmm that blog sounds familiar. :)
 
You are an inspiration Forts!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]