Saturday, September 01, 2007

The New Jerseys of the Vancouver Canucks



This past week, Vancouver launched their new Reebok Edge jerseys and slightly more than 8,500 turned out for the unveiling. And man, I don't think any team has made improvements.

First off, what's with putting "Vancouver" over the logo? Are they worried the fans won't know where they come from? I think it's distracting and doesn't add anything nice to them. Next, that stupid Orca Bay Company logo, with what I *think* is a whale bursting out of ...I don't know, the letter C?...has just got to go. Who cares who owns the team? Can you imagine if Eugene Melnyk airbrushed his face on the Sens' jerseys? This was a chance to correct a mistake, but they didn't.

The colour scheme is good. I like the green/blue/white vintage look from the 1970s with the "hockey stick in a rink" shoulder patch (seems every team is using the shoulder as a nod to the past). And the horizontal stripes on the bottom finishes off the jersey nicely. I think every team should include that.

Overall though, bleah. These jerseys are coming off worse than the originals.

Comments:
I agree, that jersey SUUUUUUCKS.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]