Sunday, September 09, 2007

Excess



I wouldn't think there was an automobile out there that could possible offend, but here it is: The Stretch Hummer. A Hummer in itself is horrible enough, made to give the driver a "King of the Road' feeling while driving past a Yaris or Mini. Compensating for other things? Perhaps. And maybe I wouldn't have such a problem with an individual driving one around if it just wasn't so horrible on fuel consumption, despite the cheesiness of the car itself. It's like the driver is giving the environment a "F*ck you!" while it heads down the highway.

In Ottawa, I had never seen a stretch Hummer in person. While in Las Vegas for six days, I saw no less than four. And every time I saw one, I was personally offended. How could someone not be embarrassed being seen in that vehicle, especially with the growing concerns of global warming?

Like many other things in life, I just don't get it.

Comments:
http://rangelife.typepad.com/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncategorized/hummer.jpg
 
Hmm. Link cut off!

http://rangelife.typepad.com/.shared/image.html?
/photos/uncategorized/hummer.jpg
 
Just to make it easier for folks:

Hummer Cartoon
 
That pic is pretty funny!
 
Thank you, Stan! Embedding links never works for me, and now apparently cutting and pasting doesn't, either. Booooo
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]