Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Another Cancer Victim

Mom called me today to say one of our Australian friends, Keith Phipps, passed away on Monday. He had a tumor in his brain, one of those things that just turned up unexpectedly.

The last time I saw Keith was in 1999 during my visit to Australia. He and his wife Narelle took really good care of me when I stayed in Sydney, along me to stay in their guest "basement" which they were nice enough to do up for me. I always enjoyed Keith's sense of humour, and we shared a liking for WWE. I remember after working at the movie theatre, sometimes I'd pick up a few videos to rent and we'd enjoy some pro rasslin' and beer for a few hours. It was nice to find a fellow fan thousands of miles away from home.

Cancer is a weird thing. He didn't smoke. He didn't overeat. He wasn't a heavy drinker nor did he work in particularly dangerous environments. It just came up. And just like that, he's gone.

I wish I had a picture of him to post. Here's hoping you're in a better place, Keith.

Comments:
My condolences Ben sorry to hear that. God bless Keith
 
Thanks Marc. It's great that people such as yourself take the time to do things such as "Walk for the Cure" to raise money for cancer research. It's a disease that has affected us all in some way.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]