Friday, August 03, 2007

Health Update

Four weeks after taking my cholesterol drugs and trying to make better decisions with my eating, I put myself on the scales and in total I've lost 9 pounds, weighing in today at 210lbs. You know, I remember a time back in 2001/02 where the scales told me I was at 229 or so. I didn't exercise at all after stopping Tae Kwon Do and didn't make very smart decisions with food.

I'm at the stage where I'm starting to feel a little less guilty for "cheating" with my meals. The first couple of weeks, I'd hardly eat. I ate cereal and toast & jam for dinner. Now, I have more savoury meals, trying to make sure I have less portions. And I allow myself for special occasions: for example, last weekend at Alex and Kerri's cottage I threw back some beers and enjoyed chocolates and chips, seeing that I was vacationing. As long as you don't indulge all the time, like I used to, I figure it's ok to "cheat" once in a while. I've stuck with my doctor's suggestion of having fish at least once a week. Even snuck in some salmon with grilled vegetables at the cottage. Who would have thought a year ago SBP would actually recommend fish for dinner?

I've infrequently visited the gym the last month after going about two times each week before, but I figure since the holidays have pretty much come to a halt it will go up again.

Anyway, my goal is to weigh in at 200lbs at some point, and it looks like I may be able to pull it off before year's end. We'll see how she goes, but so far, so good.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]