Friday, July 06, 2007

"A life-saving visit!"

That's what the doctor said to me when he explained the results of my blood work.

My dad died when he was only 35 years old. I thought it would be prudent of me to get a checkup to see if I was at risk of anything, especially since I haven't visited a doctor in ages...back when I was a teenager.

So because of this decision, I found out I have high cholesterol. And since I discovered this, I can take action. I'll be taking meds for the next three months to bring it down to the normal amount.

You might think it's weird I'm letting everyone know the state of my health. But I'm doing it as a way of telling others if you think your sick, or if something's on your mind you want to get check out...DO IT! Like my doctor said: I'm 32, my dad passed away at 35, and I have high cholesterol. Doesn't take a huge genius to figure out what could happen.

So I'll take this time as well to thank Scott for encouraging me to visit a doctor to put my mind at ease. I might have put it off longer or not even have bothered if he hadn't made that $100 bet with me before. In any case, thank you Scott! You may have saved my life.

Now, I can put my mind at ease.

Comments:
yeah, what ever dude, I LOST the bet!! =) seriously very happy you went...
 
Good job BP, like you said now you know so take action for it now. One of the things that changed my life style, around the same time that I met Tracy, was that I was told I had high cholesterol at 19. Can you believe that? 19.

But at the time I was eating a ton of food to train and a lot of times for the teams I played on we were not always eating the best food.

Anyway if you need some help with your diet, not only foods to stay away from, but foods that help reduce cholesterol then let us know we have tons.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]