Sunday, July 15, 2007

Favourite Simpsons Quotes














18 years on television, more than 1/2 my life, and it's amazing the show is still going strong. Most of you know how I annoyingly incorporate Simpsons phrases into my everyday conversations. Sometimes, I do so at opportune times, such as first dates with girls who never watch the show! I fixed that problem, but here are some of my favourite and well used quotes from the Simpsons library:

"I wouldn't leave if you didn't close!"

"Ah yes, rusty & dull!"

"Surly only looks out for one person...Surly!"
"Sorry Surly"
"Shut Up!"

"That's some nice work there, Lou"

"You got the wrong number, this is 9-1...2"

"Hey...there's a NEW Mexico!"

"Where is da money, why won't you give me da money...and now, da money!"

"You're eight hours early for work...I like that!"

"Mmmmm....(insert food here)"

"Gas gas gas honk...honk honk PUNCH!"

"I'm going on a bender to end all benders!"

"Uhhhhh....I'm going to take a bath on this one!"

"Pure hilarity!"

"You have 24 hours to give us the money. And to show you I am serious, I'm giving you 12 hours!"

"Baby on board....something something, Burt Ward. Hey, this song writes itself!"

Comments:
I just had to add my own personal favourite:

Krusty: "They drove a dumptruck full of money up to my house. I'm not made of stone!"
 
What's funny about all of those for me: I am familiar with you using a number of those on a regular basis, however was completely unaware they were Simpsons references. I thought they were all you! haha, I suck.
 
Here are some others I thought of:

"Hi there I'm George Harrison"
"Oh my God, Oh my God, Oh my God...where did you get that brownie?!"

"Hey this looks like fun...a bench!"

BTW Holly, I don't think you suck.
 
Burnsy;

"Now to the plant. We'll take the spruce moose! Hop in!

Smithers "But sir!"

Burnsey "I said, hop in!"
 
Forgot this one:

Mr. Burns: By the way, are you acquainted with our state's stringent usury laws?

Homer: Us-ury?

Mr. Burns: Oh, silly me! I must have just made up a word that doesn't exist.
 
And how can I forget this one?:

McBain: Right now I'm thinking of another meeting....IN BED!
 
And who could forgot the ever annoying, but always catchy chorus of:
"Lisa needs braaaces."
"Dental plaaan."

and my personal favourite Wigum'ism"
"Err, I'll see what I can do."
/rt.
 
The Critic "Hey McBain your shoes untied"

McBain "From here day appear to be tied" night time now "On closer inspection these are loafers"

Rainier: My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

Bart and homers song;

"You can't make friends with salad"

And that is very true, they are words I live by.
 
"Krusty, we're going to have to garnish your salary."

"You're going to GARNISH my CELERY?"
 
Oh! and all the quotes that lead to "Can't sleep. Clown will eat me" -- including my favourite, "Hello, Joe!"

Man, this means NOTHING to anyone who doesn't watch The Simpsons. My apologies.
 
I love Krusty!

"Let me get this straight...you bet AGAINST the Harlem Globetrotters?"
"Aw, I thought the Generals were due!"
 
"Five bucks?!? I want five bucks!"

"I gotta go Moe, my damn weiner kids are listening."
 
And speaking of five bucks...

Homer: Hey Marge I just want to say you have butt that just won't quit and they have these really tasty pretzelssss errrr ahhhhh uggggg.....FIVE DOLLARS! Get out of here...
 
I actually wrote a post card to my brother from the Heineken factory in Holland. I quoted the entire "...Marge you have butt that just won't quit...five dollars?! Get outta here!"
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]