Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Back from the Rock, Back to Blogging

An extremely good time was had in St John's & Harbour Grace, Nfld over the four days I spent with good friends to see Steve & Janice get married after being together for, oh, has it been 7 or so years? The weather was dreary when we rolled in, lots of fog and gray skies, and temperatures hovering around 12C. But the day of the actual ceremony itself, June 30, was perfect. Bright sunny skies, not too hot, not too cold...and a good time was had by all. Janice's family was very kind and hospitable throughout. Her mom even gave me a tray of Nanaimo bars as I bid adieu Sunday evening. My sweet tooth is indeed legendary! I personally got about a dozen invites to come back to Newfoundland to visit, as I'm sure almost everyone else did.

The bride's family home and the church of the wedding overlook the water in the small town of Harbour Grace and it is quite gorgeous. Being a city boy, it's probably too small a town for me to live, but if I were to own a cottage, I'd plant one right here. There were icebergs you could see from their doorstep in the bay, and some of the homes in the area were 300+ years old. Amazes me that some are still standing.

I'll just sign off now by saying congratulations to Steve & Janice on their wedding day, Janice you looked absolutely stunning and Steve, you were the most handsome fella there. All the hard work your family and friends put towards your big day definitely showed, and we will remember it always. I'll put up some more pics this weekend: I took about 150 and I still need time to sort them all!

Have fun in Boston this week you two!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]