Wednesday, June 13, 2007

World Series of Poker Event #27, NL Hold 'Em $1,500 buy-in


I'm leaving tomorrow for Vegas, and the excitement is starting to build. I've been planning this for nearly a year, and after all the anticipation it's finally here. Once I sit down to play I know I'll have to calm my nerves and try not to be overwhelmed by the atmosphere. It should be fun and enjoyable, and if I can feel calm and relaxed, I think I'll do OK.

You may recall a while back I spoke to poker pro Bernard Lee about meeting up with him and having a tutorial session the day before the tournament. Unfortunately, he wrote me back to say he has too many commitments to run a class. I was looking forward to meeting him, but it's not the end of the world.

I'm not sure if I'll get a chance to find a computer to post updates here on my progress but if I can, I definitely will. Otherwise, updates are provided on these sites:

www.worldseriesofpoker.com
www.cardplayer.com
www.pokernews.com

Not sure if they'll list every player's chip counts, but maybe I'll pop up somewhere along the way.

Wish me luck everyone! I'll end this post with this email Mr. Paris sent me:

GO BEN GO!!!!!



Comments:
Good luck BP !!! The only words of advice I can give is if you make it to the final round,DON'T wear your Sens jersey!!!
 
Good luck BP, I know you'll have a great time.

My words of advice:
1) Get one of your crew to take lots of pictures of you, even stuff like you waiting in line, etc...

2) When you finally get into the playing area, take a deep breath or two, stand still for a minute and look around at the scale of it all. This isn't to get you intimidated, but rather to appreciate what you're a part of.

4) Pick a "theme song". Have something inspirational on your ipod that you listen to at the start each level or after each break. It'll go a long way to help you remember the experience when you hear that song for years to come.

3) Don't feel you have to play a lot of hands if you're not getting the cards, don't complete the small blind with junk, don't fail to check out the stack sizes of the folks who're still waiting to act and don't CALL all-ins unless you've got the nuts.

GO BEN GO!

-Stan
 
Go all in!!!!!! First hand!!!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]