Thursday, June 07, 2007

What I'm Thankful for this 2006-07 Season

Ok, it's a little hard to go to sleep right now. I've taken a deep breath and realized, hey, there's lot of good things to take from the great season the Ottawa Senators have given its fans, and other things to be thankful for. So here they are:

1. Thanks to the players for trying their hearts out and giving the city of Ottawa life I have not seen in some time

2. Thanks to the fans who displayed so much passion that I felt embarrassed not having my Sens jersey on when walking down Sens mile this past Saturday

3. Thanks to my friends who cheered along with me and watched the games and experienced the ups and down together.

4. The core of the team will return next year. There will be some changes, but the Sens will give fans another legitimate chance of going all the way

The Ducks were clearly the better team. I guess one thing that is disappointing about Anaheim winning it is that, well, they're in Anaheim. I personally get sick and tired of reading about how it's good an American team will win the Cup and generate greater interest in hockey, but I don't see any change after 14 years of American teams winning Lord Stanley. Anaheim doesn't care, 29 people will show up for the parade and it will be an afterthought in the sports landscape of California.

I don't want to leave on a negative note, so as the saying goes, we'll get 'em next year! With the experience of losing the prize, hopefully the players will know what it takes to take that one extra step to win it all.

And hopefully the Cup will return home to a city that cares.

Comments:
I'm just thankful it's finally over. Oh well, the regular season starts up in what...3 weeks??
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]