Tuesday, June 05, 2007

The Soothsayer Knows...

A very sombre mood at the office today. With the Ducks victory over the Ottawa Senators last night, it crushed many spirits of Sens fans everywhere. Down 3-1, with only one team in Stanley Cup final history overcoming this deficit to win the Cup about 60 years ago, it seems like a hopeless cause.

But...not one, but two co-workers told me a story that put a glimmer of hope on the situation. Apparently a soothsayer (a person who claims to speak sooth: specifically one who predicts the future based upon personal, political, spiritual, or religious beliefs rather than scientific facts) from Maniwaki predicted the outcome of the Senators-Ducks series before it started and it has unfolded exactly as she foretold. This person said the Ducks would win the first two games, followed by an Ottawa win, then Anaheim taking game 4. And the rest of the prediction? It had the Senators winning three games in a row to take the Stanley Cup!

Yes, it's come to this...the fate of my Senators is so grim that I have to turn to fortune tellers and gypsies to give me optimism of a different fate for Ottawa. Ah well, such is the life of a sports fanatic. GO SENS GO!

Comments:
Hey BP I have a picture for you from Ivan, he thought of you when he took it. He also wanted me to tell you that a non-hockey fan like Ivan was sitting in a box too watch the game on Monday night.

I thought that it was rather humorous that he took the picture with the sole purpose of razzing you, now that is a great dig, I must admit that he impressed me with this one.
 
I'm not sure if I want to see this photo...
 
Personally, I'm dying to see it...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]