Friday, June 08, 2007

PAWS ON THE CAR!




Out of all the friends I have, if there's one person I'd put my money to win this contest, it's Johnny. John is trying to outlast a dozen people to win a two-year lease on a Mitsubishi Lancer. The task? Keep your hand touching the car until you're the last person standing. They started at 9am today and will go until there is one person left or noon Sunday, in which case all remaining participants will have their name thrown in a hat and a draw will take place. John was in good spirits when I saw him nearly 10 hours after he started, although his designated spot on the car, low just above the front wheel as opposed to a nice high window spot, is a definite disadvantage. Add to the fact no MP3 players, books, TVs, etc. to help pass the time, and oh boy, it's tough.

Good luck Johnny! If you're still there I'll visit you again tomorrow. And if you'd like to visit John, the contest is being held at St. Laurent Shopping Centre just outside the Jacob store.

Comments:
Update: After nearly 15 hours, Johnny threw in the towel. Quitter!
 
I lasted 15h01m. Officially one minutes after midnight the day after it began. It was a fun run, but there was still 7 peeps left at that time and it looked like it was going the distance. I knew I wasn't ready to go the distance so I bowed out gracefully and accepted my bluesfest/doolys/puretracks/royal oak/starbucks conselation prize. I stayed long enough to have fun and experience a little sweet pain, but not long enough to have all my efforts be in vain since I had not the energy to go the distance from the get go. Perhaps I shall get'em next time.

Sure made for a good night of drinking the next night though! Thanks for your support anyhow.

Johnny
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]