Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Doctor is In

Have you ever had the feeling of a thousand knives of fire stabbing you at your side? I sure hope you haven't had this privilege. I experienced it about three years ago.

I was just in my bed, reading a book, then it hit me. I had no idea what was wrong, which is what made the experience so frightening. My body was sweating and no matter what I did, the pain just wouldn't go away. It was so bad, I thought I was going to die. My brain started thinking, "What the hell have I done with my life? What am I going to be remembered for? Is this it?" Crazy thoughts at the time for sure, but that's how bad the pain was.

For some reason, I didn't want to "bother" my roommate or "bother" 911 to get to the hospital. Maybe in the back of my mind I thought the pain may go away eventually. It didn't, so I ended up calling my mom to take me to the Ottawa General and told it was kidney stones and I'd be fine. Some pain killers later and it was all good.

So today I went to have my first physical since being a teenager. I guess as I've gotten older and seen enough happen to my friends to not try to take my health for granted, I had to make sure things are ok with me. It was fairly quick and wasn't bad at tall. I'll get my blood test done after Vegas, put my mind at ease, and yeah, I guess that's it.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]