Thursday, May 31, 2007

What Happens Now?


I was actually surprised to talk to my co-workers who have not given up hope, and are surprisingly optimistic of the Senators' chances.

A lot of them think the Sens have yet to play their best game and have not played to their potential. I'm of the opinion the Ducks, after watching game 2, they are just too strong an opponent and that the Sens' best effort still cannot beat Anaheim.

Was I too quick to say Ottawa's chances for the Stanley Cup are pretty much done?

What's going to happen Saturday and Monday back home in Ottawa? One of the guys on The Score guaranteed a Sens win Saturday.

What do you think will happen?

Comments:
We will lose. I will let all players skate by me as I did with Pahlsson for the win.

As I wanted to make sure that it keeps on that a European team captain will never win the cup, we just lack heart.
 
That was funny, Paul.

Anyways, I think the Sens win both home games and it's a best of three with Ottawa holding some momentum.

You say that the Sens' best can't beat Anaheim, well, except for Emery and maybe Fisher, I haven't seen anyone offer their best effort. I'm betting you'll see it Saturday.

It's best of seven, not best of three, so follow your co-workers' lead and get back on that bandwagon buddy, you're the frickin' conductor!
 
Say what you want about Leafs fans SBP. They can teach Ottawa a thing or two about loyalty.

Sens fans have a tendency to think they're already dead before the ship has sunk. Its Queensway syndrome on a much larger scale.
 
Haha. Again, not me. But that's hilarious.
 
Ben - To be honest you were the last person I thought who would give up so easily.... I think they can do it, only because we haven't seem them play to their full potential. It is so great to see the city so hopeful and still cheering for the team... isn't this what you have been waiting for?
 
I personally don't agree that just because you think your team will come out on the short end of the stick (and when I say that it's based on the way Anaheim has totally outplayed Ottawa, not from blind pessimism) it means you're not loyal. The first two games have left me with serious doubts about Ottawa's ability to beat the Ducks.

I'm still going to watch, I'm still going to cheer, and if Ottawa loses the series, they'll still be my team. If I abandoned them to cheer for the Leafs, well, now you can talk about disloyalty.

Sens 4 Life.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]