Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Sens Tickets

I've visited a few sites: Ebay, usedottawa.com, kijiji.com, craiglist...in attempts to see if anyone was selling Senators tickets for the final round at a reasonable price. I found one ad who offered four seats in section 116, row E, seats 9-12, for $250 a pop. It looked to good to be true as it'll be over $400 when they go on sale to the public; it was probably a scam. But, usually a scammer won't be so specific with the seat location, and maybe he was a season ticket holder who got the discount associated with being one and couldn't go to the game. So I thought it wouldn't hurt to email the guy and see what he proposed. And guess what, Warren Miller responded! So whaddya think? C'mon, I can trust Warren Miller! ;)



From: olsbp@rogers.com
To: sale-335490710@craigslist.org
Subject: Ottawa Senators Home Game 1 Tickets for Stanley Cup Final - $2
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 21:11:30 -0400



Hello,
If you still have the tickets I'd like to buy them. I can pay you cash in person. Let me know
Thanks,



Hello

The tickets are still available.
I need to sell them asap because I am not in the US and I will not be going to the game.
I am now in Manchester, United Kingdom.
I will pay for an overnight delivery so if we both move fast you can receive the tickets in less than 1 day.
The tickets were bought by my company as a bonus on a deal for a customer from the US. Unfortunatelly the deal did not go through and now we are stuck with the tickets. I would hate to see the tickets go to waste. We can have the deal asap.
Obviously we need a way to complete this deal that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are after.
I have found a way for us to complete the deal safely and fast, and in this way you will receive the tickets in less than 1 day, if you move fast as well.
The solution is provided by a international shipping company called TNT which is similar to Fedex, DHL or UPS, which will handle the payment and delivery of the tickets.
With this procedure I will only receive the payment for the tickets after you will receive them and see that they are genuine.
Please click on the link below to the TNT website to see how we can complete the deal safely and fast directly from the website of the company where the procedure is explained.

http://manchester-freight-tnt.com/index/details.html

Like I said, I will pay for an overnight delivery so you will receive them in time.

Let me know what you think

Warren
warren_miller43@hotmail.com

Comments:
Scam for sure. This guy probably lives in Nigeria. Sounds like he has it all a little too well planned out. I wouldn't part with 1 cent till you have those tickets in your hand and can confirm that they are genuine.
 
SCAM!

Google tells me that TNT's website is www.tnt.com they don't seem to offer the service he mentions, the logo is the same but that's about it... and a google of "machester tnt" doesn't come up with the site he mentions or any link that is similar.

Also, I don't trust hotmail accounts with a cash transaction....
 
Ben - it is weird that he thinks the game is in the US....why would someone is the US pre-buy Senator tickets? Scam! Kylie
 
Total scam. Similar to the ppppppowerbook story I sent you a while back. The domain name is registered under an anonymous company and the IP is in Atlanta, GA. Weird place for a European delivery firm to register and host their UK domains, isn't it?
 
You should try Stub Hub:

http://www.stubhub.com/ottawa-senators-playoff-tickets/
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]