Monday, May 14, 2007

Random SBP Thoughts

- Actually conversation I heard on the way to the grocery store: "My Colecovision is totally busted. And I need to get a Sega Genesis".

- I feel bad for all the businesses on Bank St than run from Laurier to Wellington. Last year, they had construction that lasted all summer that prevented vehicles from going through and they tore up the sidewalks that made it very unattractive for pedestrians to shop. This year, they've done the exact same thing (all revolving around the light rail project being a go/getting cancelled). Apparently they're losing about 30% of their expected revenues.

- Sens fever may be at Scotiabank Place, but you can't see much of it elsewhere. Hardly a jersey or t-shirt is being worn around the city during these playoffs. I hope this changes if Ottawa makes it to the next round.

- My mother referred to my talk as being "slutty" when I mentioned a single girl "being on the market."

- Many of you know Ottawa is one of the Canadian cities hosting the Men's U-20 FIFA World Cup this summer. A lot of referees are bringing brought from all over the world to officiate the games. I have a friend who's a certified FIFA official, referees MLS games throughout Canada and the USA, and whose home base is Ottawa. Is FIFA going to use this person to referee some games at Frank Clair Stadium? No...because she's female.

- The LED DLP HDTV has arrived in 56" and 61" formats in Canada, but the 50" model I'm looking for to fit inside my condo has still not arrived.

- Finally sent an email to Appletree to book an appointment for my physical.

Latest purchase:




I saved $175 by not going to tonight's game so it's all good!

Comments:
I beg to differ yesterday on lunch there were jerseys and red t-shirts everywhere, and at the end of every sens game we can hear people screaming and horns blowing on Elgin.

I would have to say though I wouldn't wear red either
1st. My favorite colours are brown and black and I have nothing red;

2nd my team colours are black and yellow.
 
Nice 'pod, BP. Does it also come in Leafs Blue? :)

Allow me head off the jokes by saying:

Yes, the power shuts off every year around April.

Yes, the Random Play feature is well named.

Yes, it takes a long time to recharge, so it'd be best to start that in early spring to be ready for fall.

Yes, it's weird that the blue ones sell out all the time but just don't work very well.
 
MY iPod is BLUE! Maybe I am a Leafs fan after all.

Also, what year was it when you were at the grocery store?
 
My Senspod works just fine...

Except

1) Insert joke about uncontrollable urge to skip EVERY song during the last minutes of the third verse.

2) Insert joke about not being able to locate songs by McGratten & Eaves on my senspod.

3) For some reason I'm only interested in using my senspod in May. Maybe it has something to do with all the flags that have suddenly appeared on my minivan.

Plan-B
 
Wow, nice job Plan B. I didn't know you knew who McGratton and Eaves were...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]