Saturday, May 12, 2007

Pain

John convinced me to go to the gym.

After not lifting a weight in about 2 years or so, I signed up for a membership at the Y (not a bad deal, $35 a month). There's a reason why I hadn't bothered for so long.

Perhaps the pain will subside after a few sessions. But less than 24 hours later, it still hurts. Just moving the steering wheel to drive away took effort. Why do we subject ourselves to such misery? Why do we inflict such punishment on ourselves?

Some people enjoy it, so for them it's easy. I don't know...the word "enjoy" doesn't come to mind. The word "weak" came to my mind a lot, though, while I was lifting these weights. So weak. Useless.

Bleah. We'll say how I am a few months from now.

Comments:
Good job BP, the initial pain of getting back into the gym will only hurt for the first week or so. And it is always the second day after a hard workout that it hurts the most.

But just think of the benefits, the more you workout the less it will hurt over time; the stronger and better shape you get into the more rest you need making your sleeping patterns better; leading to better mood and overall better mental and physical health. This will also lead to injury prevention for your ultimate games, quicker recovery time, weight loss…

These are the reasons we head to the gym day in and day out.
 
Well said Forts, I was going to say something along those lines but my arms hurt too much to type it. Thanks for filling it in for me.

Legs are next, I hope he doesn't get scared off by that pain. Yikes.

Johnny
 
Ah, the dreaded leg day. I won’t sugar coat it BP, if I miss a week of legs the next week when I do them I have a hard time walking for two days.

But the upside is that once they are conditioned it gets much better.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]