Thursday, May 24, 2007

Billets wanted

It is really crazy that I haven't gone to one playoff game this year.

Previously, I've been to at least one playoff game every season Ottawa has made the playoffs since 2000. And I've also had the "honour" of being present for every home elimination game where Ottawa was, well, eliminated. Leafs over Ottawa in 2000 in 6. Sabres over Ottawa in 5 in 2006. And of course, the on-the-glass-seats for the heartbreaking game 7 loss to the New Jersey Devils in the Conference Finals in 2003.

Citing fiscal responsibility, and not to mention dumping enough cash on my Las Vegas and Newfoundland trips, I resisted the temptation to buy tickets for this year's playoffs. I had a moment of weakness where I pursued 100 level tickets for game 3 of the Sabres series on Ebay and they could have been mine, but I could not find a dance partner to go with and had to let them go.

With the Sens making the finals...now it's just a must that I go to at least one game. I tried getting on capitaltickets.ca to order the few family fan zone tix they had for sale today. With 4 windows open trying to get in, no luck. Phones were jammed. And after some time had passed, the message "no more tickets available at this time" popped up. Boo!

With me supporting the Sens during the tough times, now that they've strung together a few victories it's only just to witness the spectacle of a Stanley Cup final game while they're winning. There are so many bandwagon fans hopping on board who haven't even seen a regular season game this year who scored tickets and are heading out to watch. Boo!

I could dole out the huge amount of cash scalpers are asking but I can't justify $1500 for a 100 level ticket. For a poker tournament sure, but not this! :)

Sigh. I'll keep checking capitaltickets periodically and hope to get lucky. Cross your fingers for me! It could be a once in a lifetime experience.

Comments:
Darn, you'll just have to save hundreds of dollars and watch the games with your friends... :)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]