Sunday, May 06, 2007

Almost, but not quite

I decided to join (well, re-join I suppose, since I had one back in 1999) the 21st century and picked up a new cell phone yesterday. Most of the time that I communicate with others is by email these days, so I don't use the phone all that much. The plan was to cancel my land line and then move my # to a cellular. PC mobile has a pre-paid system that costs a flat 20 cents per minute, whereas a lot of other services charge 30 or 40 cents. I'd be saving a little if you figure how little I use my land line phone. So it all sounded good to me, sign me up.

Unfortunately, activating the service took a little more effort than I thought. The third number I called had me on hold for 25 minutes. And when they picked up the line, they hung up on me. Not sure whether or not it was intentional, but I figured if that's the service I'm getting when they're accepting new customers, how good can it be when you have a problem and they already got your money?

I returned the cell the next day. Not sure if I'll try getting a new one later, but for now, it's on the shelf. Boo cell phones!

Other thoughts - True conversation Johnny & I had today:

John: What are you watching?
Ben: I just discovered Predator 2 is on Spike.
John: Predator 2?
Ben: Yeah, it's a steaming pile of dog sh*t but at the time I thought it was the best movie ever made
John: What was that new movie they made...Predator vs what?
Ben: Aliens.
John: Right, Aliens. Who won?
Ben: Don't know, never saw it. But certainly, not the audience.

Hey-oooooooooooo!

Comments:
I personally am not a phone person so if people don't get a hold of me at home or through email oh well then I missed them.

Some of my friends hate that I don’t have one and tell me to get one but I wouldn’t be able to handle people having the ability to reach at anytime and anywhere.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]