Sunday, April 29, 2007

Where it Matters

Bias aside with my Ottawa Senators, I really hope the Stanley Cup is won by a team in a city that actually cares about the accomplishment.

Carolina, Tampa Bay and New Jersey were the last three teams that won it, and each city yawned. No one cares. So when I look at some of the teams that are currently in contention, there are definitely a few teams that I hope DON'T win it (again, bias aside from my Senators).

The San Jose Sharks and Anaheim Mighty Ducks have strong teams that are not where they are by fluke. But certainly a team based in California would rather watch an NFL pre-season game than they would a Stanley Cup Final. Their attendances are atrocious, and it is embarrassing to see the number of empty seats during the playoffs.

In the east, the last thing the league needs is the New Jersey Devils winning it all again. They had their first sellout, and this includes the regular season, last night. Pathetic. And it wasn't really a sellout, there were tons of empty seats visible. These fans definitely take for granted the prestige of winning Lord Stanley. The stupid thing is, ownership thinks moving to a new arena in Newark which had one of the higher murder rates a decade ago will draw more fans. Sure it will.

New York and Detroit are original six franchises and they have a loyal following while Vancouver is based in Canada and of course I have a bias there, but if I were to choose a team that I would be ok with winning it all, it'd be the Buffalo Sabres. Sens fans whine they've been in the league for almost 15 years and have nothing to show for it, but there are other teams that have gone on longer without winning anything. The Sabres have been around since 1970 and they have nothing to show for it. They've made two trips to the finals and lost both times. They've had several ownership problems with allegations of corruption and good management was non-existent after losing in the Cup Final in 1999. Despite all these factors, the fans have shown up. The building sells out and the excitement is clearly visible. This is a team that, if they won the Stanley Cup, the city would care and not take it for granted.

They've paid their dues and their fans deserve it. Of course, if it means going through my Ottawa Senators they can wait another year...but if the Cup isn't going to Canada, my vote is for Buffalo.

Comments:
Buffalo? That's like Toronto South isn't it? Just warning you now because you KNOW Leaf fans would claim this one as their own somehow....especially if the Sabres beat the Sens along the way.
 
Comment moderation has been enabled. All comments must be approved by the blog author.

Long live free speech!!!!
 
There's actually no requirement for me to put up any comment someone writes, it is MY blog and free speech doesn't apply here. If you have something hurtful or mean to say, I might even consider publishing it if you're not afraid of letting people know who you are and you leave your name. Own up to your words and all may see them.
 
I could not agree more BP as I have said the same thing in the past; own up to what you say and grow a pair already dammit...

for example if I wanted to tell Stan that he is a real jerk for getting me addicted to Tiger Woods and that now I have carpel tunnel and I don’t talk to my wife anymore- I will and I will post my name…Thanks you jerk ;)
 
Hee hee hee.
 
You might consider publishing my work if I sign my name? Oh yippee!!

I don't care if you post this or not. You asked people before about anonymous posters and you know who resposnded? Two anonymous posters.

But here's what bothers me...This isn't even your idea. Talk about someone who needs to 'grow a pair'.
 
You completely missed the point of comment moderation. I don't have a problem with anonymous comments. I have a problem with the ones who attack me, for no reason, and don't "have a pair" to say who they are. My point was if you were willing to tell us who you are, you can write whatever expletive, hate-filled comments you want and I'll post them.
 
Expletive? Hate-filled? Are you insane?

And when have I attacked you? If I DISAGREE with your post, I tell you AND I explain why.

Sure, sometimes I might make a comment about another poster, but it is to add levity. It seems you and your 'buddies' here are a little over sensitive. They are the ones who have used expletives and have posted hate-filled messages. Go back and read 'em if you don't believe me. They attack me. But somehow I'm the blight....

What's even worse, I actually started reading this blog because the people seemed nice and I was interested in what you had to say. The longer I have been here, everyone has turned against me and you have changed too. Other people have used the 'anonymous' posts too but since I use it the most and have remained unknown, I guess I represent ALL the anonymous people who have ever posted on this blog.

So congrats tough guy. Oh, and cheers to all your friends, because you win. I never thought you would actually go to these lengths. Again, I still don't believe you've led this charge but rather are reacting to what your so-called friends say. And your last post here pretty much confirms it. You've become a lap dog for guys like Alex, and Forts. So enjoy their witty remarks. I ahve better things to do with my time than argue with people who think they have the right to run/control someone else's life. Just be sure you know them well before you let them play God with you SBP.
 
"And when have I attacked you?"

Examples:

1. What about your dream of getting laid. Guess that will have to wait until next year.

2. Make sure you get your prostate checked. It's very important and you'll probably enjoy it.

Those are personal attacks, without justification. I don't need to have more comments like that if I don't want to.
 
Anonymous, you make these stupid comments and attack BP and others for no reason. You are also the one that said my nickname –Forts- was stupid or something to that affect.

Most of us on here make intelligent comments, discussions, and cracks at each other and sometimes rudely make fun of one another. But we do it with our names up as the receiver will know exactly where it is coming from.

You on the other hand make stupid and unjustified comments i.e. What about your dream of getting laid. Guess that will have to wait until next year - just to try and get a rise out of people BC you have nothing better to do with your time as you are probably sitting alone by your computer with nothing in your life to look forward to until the next time your hands are clear enough from blisters so that you can rub another one out… bitch boy..

Was that sensitive enough for ya…
 
So Forts...my comments are stupid but what you said is okay?

You words don't bother me either. I know what I said and what I didn't say. I don't doubt for a second that either you or Alex posted those mean comments just to give me a bad rap.

And you should know better since I don't hide behind comments. I may say stupid things but I'm not here just making evil mean-spirited comments. And I usually post more than just a stupid line. And I try to be engaging. Say what you want, but you obviously both read and want to talk about my comments so I guess I'm somewhat successful.

I just wish you guys would let SBP run his own blog instead of trying to run it for him. And if the comment moderation was all SBP's idea, then I humbly apologize to everyone. That includes Alex and Forts too.
 
I accept your apology, as it was all SBP's idea. I too apologize for contributing to your "success".

Here's an idea: start your own blog, and stop being a dick on someone else's. Most of SBP's friends really enjoy the ability to see a daily message about something that interests him. Why would someone feel the need to stir up trouble? I don't get this mentality, and frankly, I don't want you to waste any time trying to explain it. Once again, thanks for ruining the Internet.

Anyways, if you know us or not, it doesn't matter. Anyone who knows me or Forts will tell you that we're unquestionably SBP's friend, which is clearly more than anyone would say about you.
 
I suggested Ben delete unwanted sugestions but he doesn't seem to have taken up that advice. Despite the comment moderation this is now comment 13 on this posting which has nothing to do with the original posting. For Christ's sake shut this guy down and move on. If the comment is not even relevant to the posting and adds nothing to the original article then why bother allowing it. Anonymous is the one who seems to be running the blog at this point.
 
DB, you are correct. I won't be putting up any more posts (with, of course, the exception of the previous comments) that have nothing to do with what I write.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]