Sunday, April 01, 2007

What have they done to my Jeep?

I like looking at photos of Jeeps and seeing them on the road, especially when it's summer and they are at their convertible best. But these new "Unlimited" models they've released over the last couple of years just don't do it for me.

The idea of a four door Jeep on a standard sized Wrangler (formerly the TJ) doesn't make any sense, because you can barely fit a couple of people in the back to start with and there's no room to put in an additional door. Jeep decided to make it longer so they could have four doors and more room, but we don't buy Jeeps for convenience. It's really for the fun factor, and looking at these longer Jeep models reminds me of the cheesiness of the Hummer. They just looked warped and boxy. Jeeps already are somewhat boxy, but this is worse. Having four doors is usually reserved for people who regularly have passengers, i.e. families. Would you drive your four and six year-olds in these vehicles? I don't think I would.

Anyway, I'll stick with my 2001 Jeep and I'm only about 4-6 weeks away from putting on the convertible top for the season. Ah...what a Jeep ride is all about...

Comments:
You have 4- and 6-year olds? When did that happen?
 
Hey, I have 4 and 6 year olds too. We should get together for a play date.
DB
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]