Monday, April 16, 2007

Sleep

I love naps. I love sleep.

My former roommate used to take a nap everyday after work around 4:00pm or so. I used to think he was lazy and should just go to bed earlier. But after a few months of seeing this ritual take place Monday to Friday, I decided to take part. I figured just one day here or there, nothing more, just for that odd occasion where I might feel a little groggy.

Now, yikes, it's almost like I can't live without it. It's couch time almost as soon as I get home. I manage to nap for about 30-45 minutes after work and sometimes feel a little "discomfort" if I don't take it. I'm fine, but it's my body asking me why I'm not schnoozing.

Weeknights I tend to go to sleep later, probably around midnight on average. I get up at about 6:50am, so it's probably not quite enough sleep. I figure this is the main reason I like my nappy time when I get home from work.

My weekends are the worst. If there's nothing going on in the morning, I'll sleep away a few hours and get up on average around 11am. Hitting the hay on a Friday or Saturday night knowing there's nothing to get up for is one of the most relaxing feelings you can have, so much so that even though my body might wake up at a reasonable time, say 9am, feeling refreshed and ready to get out of bed, instead I decide it's back to dreamland complete with a visit to the Sandman (Paul, Steve: Not the one with the Singapore cane) for a couple of extra hours.

SBP and sleep. Gotta have it.


Comments:
" But after a few months of seeing this ritual take place Monday to Friday, I decided to take part"

Okay, well, I'm sure your ex roommate was a heck of a guy and all, but that sounds a little too cozy to me...
 
I must admit I too have succumbed to the afternoon naps. Although I do not nap afterwork (I actually find doing something active makes me feel better at the end of the day). But on weekends it is hard to pass up an hour nap (sometimes 2)in the afternoon followed by a grande bold starbucks. But then again I am usually up by 7:30-8am on the weekend.
 
Nappy time ????
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]