Friday, April 20, 2007

Another one...sold!

If you have no idea what you are looking at right now, consider yourself a non-nerd. It is a Master Replicas Luke Skywalker limited edition lightsaber from the film The Empire Strikes Back. I bough this for $325US a little while back, and hoped it would appreciate a little and make a little coin on it.

Well, that didn't happen. I put it up on Ebay and it sold for $305; a bit of a loss but nothing big. Thing is, at the time I bought it, I could have purchased an Obi-Wan Kenobilightsaber from A New Hope for the exact same price, as I have seen it eclipse the $900US mark a few times. I would have made a sweet sweet profit on that!

Some of you may be wondering why a Kenobi saber would be worth more than a Luke one, as who really gives a s*** which one you're getting. Well, if that's your position, you must obviously be a Trekkie...

Comments:
Hmmmm, we both took the same finance courses in university... I just can't remember being there the day they recommended lightsabre replicas as a secure investment vehicle... :)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]