Tuesday, March 13, 2007

To Pay-Per-View or Not To Pay-Per-View

Ok, it's not the fact that it's $10.95. I hold down a job, and can afford it. But, where does it end?

My Sens have about 65 games on free tv out of 82, which is pretty good. For the future though, is there a guarantee that number will stay the same? I mean, if the Senators said to its fanbase there'll be five pay-per-view games per year and no more for future seasons, I'd be ok with it. But what I'm afraid of is that we'll get a situation like the Vancouver Canucks market, where there are about 25-30 games on PPV. That's a considerable amount. And if PPV really catches on, whose to say won't continue on in the playoffs?

But here I am, Tuesday night, wanting to watching a Senators game and the power to press a few buttons on my remote control to do so. Does my decision to buy it really matter that much in the grand scheme of things?

I hate PPV.

Comments:
I caved and bought the frickin' PPV. It wasn't an exciting game or anything, despite Ottawa coming back from a 2-0 deficit and winning 3-2, but damn, Senators, you got me!
 
You answered my question before I got a chance to ask it...
 
Nah, it's the fact that it's $10.95. I find that's a little too expensive. Especially for a Rangers game. If they do expand the number of PPV games, the price would have to come down.
 
I look forward to seeing the magic three words "I hate PPV" again after you blow $50 on Wrestlemania.
 
It's 10.95 for EACH GAME????

That's ridiculous.
 
Oh yeah...if it was $10.95 for all five games, I probably wouldn't write a blog about it. If you do preorder all five games up front, you do get one game for free.
 
You know what this is? It's an old-fashioned SBP Screw Job.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]