Thursday, March 29, 2007

So the Pho...


"I enjoy all meats from our cultural stew"

- Homer Simpson

John convinced me to give pho a try, so we headed over to Tu-Doc (not sure if I spelled that right) to sample some. The menu didn't have too much variety as all of it was beef, meat balls, tripe and brisket cooked medium rare or well done. And you know what? It actually wasn't half bad! The bowls were super big and loaded with rice noodles and you could add as much bean sprouts, basil, lemon grass and different sauces to it as you liked. Adding lime juice also gave it a nice flavour. It's good if you don't want to have a big dinner and it's pretty cheap, too.

Of course, it wasn't all experimentation tonight. Headed over to PÜR afterwards and ordered a Nutella crepe. They spread that chocolate all over it and folded it in half, topped it with powdered sugar and a side of whip cream. Good thing I had V8 and salad for breakfast and dinner, because I'm not sure if I could get away with that dessert otherwise...

Comments:
Good to hear that you tried it…pho is amazing but you have to go to the better places –not saying that this wasn’t one of them- but the place that we go to all the time is Pho Bo Ga near the more west end of Somerset.

There menu has meat –cooked any style- chicken, shrimp, pork, choices of noodles and there are specials that you can have combinations of pork, beef and shrimp or others. I usually get the Medium Special A with pork beef and shrimp great meal…
 
I've enjoyed bowl at Pho Bo Ga before, it was pretty darn good. And the tripe was extra stringy that day, which was nice...

Glad you're expanding those horizons, BP...

Recommendation: Avoid the urge to go all out and visit a Bubble Tea place after your next Pho outing... it's just plain weird.
 
Meant to type "I've enjoyed a bowl at..."
 
I meant to type "their" as opposed to "there” so sorry!

Sushi -which I love now- is the farthest I will go not really sure the point of bubble tea it really is just tea with tapioca balls…and not really sure that I need tapioca balls, hot water and milk...
 
I have a friend that lives on pho.
No groceries. Just pho.

I'm told its pronounced "fuh" for what it's worth.

Go for the rare beef. Never the rare chicken.

Buh
 
Wow. Lives on Pho? Really? That sounds... delicious?

Glad you're back, and thanks for the input, Buh.

Cheers,
Stuh
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]