Friday, March 09, 2007

Sens, Leafs and Esso

I got me a pretty sweet deal to sneak in to watch the Sens-Leafs tilt last night. Kylie gave me a call and told me a co-worker had a pair of 200 level tickets with a face value of $140 each that she was willing to part for $200. That's still a little pricey for me, so I said I'd take both for $100, thinking she'd probably say no and it doesn't hurt to ask. But she accepted, and I got to go! Now, Rick was telling me via email he was going to his in-laws to watch the game on pay-per-view on their new 50" plasma TV so he couldn't go, but no less than one minute later Erin emailed me saying Rick could go see her parents alone and she'd take the ticket! Too funny. Anyway, Rick was sick as a dog anyway so he stayed home and I went with Erin.

I've commented to my friends at Sens games that one of the worst promotions they run in-between whistles is the Esso car racing contest, where contestants pick a coloured car and they watch an animated "race" on the jumbotron and the winner gets a prize. There's zero skill involved and the outcome is already pre-determined. Well, yours truly got selected to play, and knowing full well the "blue" car wasn't going to win at a Sens-Leafs game, I picked the red car to win and, sure enough, it did! I won $100 in Esso gift cards and got the ol' mug on the video screen for all to see. Combined with the Sens 5-1 spanking of the Leafs, all in all, a good time!

Comments:
it was glorious!! and I got to see it all on the jumbotron... by the way you need a cell so I can call you when I see you on the jumbotron next time.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]