Sunday, March 25, 2007

The SBP diet

For the last couple of years, my morning breakfast Monday to Friday would comprise of a 500ml carton of chocolate milk. For lunch, I'd usually head over to Subway and order a footlong roasted chicken caesar sub. On occasion (well, always), I'd order three cookies with it. And that was breakfast and lunch.

I'm a little more paranoid about my health now, and my eating habits didn't comprise of too many vegetables. So for the last few months, I changed it up a bit. And still head to Subway at the same time!

Breakfast I get a can of V8, which is the equivalent of three servings of vegetables according to the label. Lunch, I still head to Subway, but no more sandwiches. I'll pick up either a grilled chicken SALAD or a subway club SALAD (ham, turkey, roast beef). Doing this eliminates the five feet of bread I used to eat each week. Just think about...bread...five feet of it! That's a lot of yeast and wheat.

At first, I'd still be hungry, but slowly my body adjusted. And although I may not look all that different, knowing that I consume a lot more vegetables than before makes me feel a whole lot better.

And that's my new SBP diet. (Dinner, on the other hand, hasn't changed all that much!).

Comments:
BP = Blatantly Politicking for a Subway commercial.

Congrats on the new diet.

I remember a time when you only ate vegetables when they were on top of a pizza.
 
Funny...when Jaret and Jon Lovitz did the commercials....Subway barely got a mention from you. But now that WWE Superstar John Cena is doing ads for Subway, you devote a whole column to them? Stop drinking the McMahon Koolaid. And no, I don't want to watch Wrestlemania 2many with you.
 
I honestly haven't seen a Cena Subway ad, but like he says, "You can't see me".

Paul, when was the last time we watched anything ensemble?!
 
That's because I only watch the Sens get eliminated in the playoffs with you.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]