Sunday, March 18, 2007

Hard Copy

I pre-ordered the new Nine Inch Nails album through the Itunes music store (you get to download their first single, Survivalism, to hold you over until the release date early April, which on a side note I think is terrible) and I'm already regretting it. And not just because of the quality of the first single.

A few months ago, I tried converting all my songs that are automatically put into a format Apple has rule over, I think called AAC, into standard MP3 format which uses less memory than AAC. It took some time, but I realized when it was over, I had all my songs in duplicate instead of just one file, and my Ipod mini was trying to put both on the player...not good. So I had to manually go into Itunes and delete every 2nd song in my folder (as fun as it sounds).

After all was said and done, later I realized I deleted BOTH files of songs for a few titles, including a couple I had downloaded and paid for off Itunes. The funny thing is, you can try to download it again from the Itunes store, and it keeps a record of all the songs that you downloaded from them before, but it won't let you do it again for free. You gotta pay the regular 99 cent price one more time.

If I had just bought a regular CD from HMV, I wouldn't have had this problem.

I pre-ordered the NIN album rather hastily but I won't do that again. If it's a recording I'm really looking forward to, it's nice not to have to worry about losing it due to computer or human error.

I think there will be day where everyone will just have one big hard drive hooked up to your TV, computer & stereo, and all your songs, videos & games will be kept on it. Convenient right? But what happens when you spill your Coke all over it? Do you start from scratch and "rebuild" your library? That can get quite expensive.

There's still a place for hard copy.

Either that or just download it illegally, I guess.

Comments:
You must pray that He forgives you. Then go wash your hands.
 
Forgives me for what, God Boy?

You wash your hands.
 
Sorry, SBP, this comment has nothing to do with your post. I just can't believe that "rudy" is an actual person. I actually thought his Blogger page was a colossal prank. It's too on-the-nose, you know?

Anyway, hope you're well!
 
Why would I spill coke all over my hard drive? Know how expensive that stuff can be?
 
Wade I spill coke all the time!!! Especially when there's stripper dancing on my hard drive!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]