Monday, March 26, 2007

Facebook

A couple of nights ago, John introduced me to the world of Facebook, a website where people "connect" with others based on school, region, employment etc. or just by chance. It appears to be primarily used by college and university students, but you do get the occasional 30 something (like myself) who decides to sign up so he can peruse the site and see what it's all about.

Thing is, the site is pretty dangerous. It is amazing how many personal details people are willing to put up and the amount of pictures of themselves and their friends all can see. Their birthdates, what school they attended, where they're currently working, phone numbers, schedules of their plans. It is a stalker's dream.

I like to browse through it to see if they are any old friends I haven't caught up with in ages to see how they're doing and what they look like and it's completely harmless. But I'm a harmless person, and not everyone else is.

Why do I concern myself about this? Guess it's something to write about...

Comments:
What's the URL?
 
When did lavalife change its name to Facebook?

I went on and there was a girl from my high school who totally creeped me out.

All she talked about was lightsabers, poker, and the Sens. :)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]