Saturday, February 24, 2007

Oscars Tomorrow

I'll be taking it in, althought I know most don't want to. Doesn't matter though, I'm hoping there will be some memorable moments that will make it worthwhile. If you're the gambling type, here's who I think will take home the big prizes:

Best Picture: Little Miss Sunshine. It has both mainsteam and indie appeal, that's why I think it will take it.

Best Actor: Forrest Whittaker, Last King of Scotland. I haven't seen it, but tell me an award leading up to the Oscars that he hasn't won.

Best Acress: Helen Mirren, The Queen. A near lock. I will never see it.

Best Supporting Actor: Eddie Murphy, Dreamgirls. Like I said before, more for his contributions in the last 25 years to entertainment than for this film itself. He's in it for 15 minutes and he's nothing special.

Best Supporting Actress: Jennifer Hudson, Dreamgirls. I think Beyonce got screwed, but what are you going to do?

Best Director: Martin Scorsese, The Departed. He must must MUST win! I don't imagine how the Academy can screw this up. This isn't even his best film, but it's about time the Academy correct its past errors, and this movie is good enough to deserve it, regardless.

When An Inconvenient Truth wins best documentary, I hope Al Gore will be on hand to help accept it, but I doubt it.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]