Thursday, January 18, 2007

Random Thoughts..

Borrowing a format from KKP's blog:

- I had only gone to one Sens game this season before last week. Now I've gone to three: Saturday's tilt vs Montreal, and tonight vs the Canucks. Thank you Kim for the Habs ticket, thank you Steve & Janice for tonight's ticket. Both were entertaining for their own reasons.

- I have chosen World Series of Poker event #27, Satuday, June 16, 2007 as my poker tournament date. It is Holly's birthday that same day, so hopefully there will be a nice present to give to, uh, me!

- I'm starting to get sick & tired of coworkers commenting about my volunteer stuff at work. They have time to complain but no time to help out.

- I am planning to transcribe a World War I diary this year and turn it into a novel

- It has been very cold some days this week, which gives me some hope the ice caps won't melt just yet

- I am starting to feel most of my friends are growing up and I'm not, but it's something that I have to fix myself


- Scott had an X-Box night and one of the funnest games we played was a 1980 title called "Warlords". You moved a coloured cursor to deflect a dragon's fireb...er, cursor, to defend and attack other "Warlords" castles. Simple sound, graphics and controls, but so much fun!

- I've been eating chicken salads from Subway instead of footlong chicken caesar subs thinking it is healthier

- I disappointed myself tonight by getting my first poutine in about a year

- Grocery shopping hasn't been done in about three weeks and I need to go!

- Still want a big TV, but I'm thinking it'll be better to wait until after Vegas

- Mom told me today that Geraldine's best friend was forwarded my blog entry about her and read it. That made my day.

Comments:
- I'm at zero Sens games, and everything indicates that that trend will continue all season. Sorry to hear that your latest visit wasn't a victory, although I hear they put on quite a show!

- June 16th, eh? Nice work. Let us know when you need the seed money!

- How are they complaining about your volunteer activities? Like, you're bugging them to help the less fortunate? Yeah, you're a real jerk sometimes. :)

- That WWI project sounds COOL. My brother would be an excellent resource, as he loves his military history.

- RE: climate change: I'm pretty sure the sky's not falling yet, but those little fluffy white things sure seem to be coming down. Winterlude might just be saved, just in time for me to say I'm going to go again this year and again not quite get around to it.

- I think you're a grownup BP.

- When you say chicken salads, do you mean salad with chicken on it, or the land-locked version of a tuna salad? If it's the latter, then the mayo involved is actually worse than the sub you switched from.

- Bleah. Poutine's gross. Unless it's 3am on Elgin Street. And Freeze is sitting beside you with his breakfast special trying to craft the best poutine sandwich out of soggy toast.

- 3 weeks?! You should get checked for scurvy!

- You'll be able to buy a bigger TV after you get back from Vegas with all your winnings!
 
Ben!

Picture this:

World War 1 graphic novel!

It's like getting a screenplay and thumbnail storyboard/shot-list all in one. We can even scan the original handwriting and use it for effect.

The last three ww1 canadian war vets are over 100 and have all refused state funerals. Now's the time. We can get funding through Canadain Heritage.

Who's diary is it?
 
I should mention that I've read and really enjoyed some treatments of the futility of war in illustrated format. It's an interesting genre for conveying serious subject matter

We should discuss!
 
Bandit:

It's a grilled chicken salad, no mayo, but I do ask for italian dressing (I'm only human!). They tell me it's a light dressing, but I'm not so sure.

As far as my co-workers go, I take care of a lot of the announcements and emails regarding activities and such. So they complain, in my presence, about getting bogged down with said messages, and the activities are no good. Boo on them.

Plan B: The diary belonged to my Great Uncle. He's actually Australian, so maybe Canadian Heritage wouldn't be so quick to give us some dough. :) The diary itself is pretty cool, because there are pages where he kept track of his rations & gambling and stuff. I find his writing is eerily similary to my mom's, but she disagrees. He died in combat, so it's weird to look at one entry where everything seems ok, then there's a blank page the next when day he died. I'm going to transcribe it first, and plan-b, maybe a graphic novel would be something to look into! (Or maybe novel first, then graphic novel, so we can milk it for all it's worth!!!! Bwwwwahahahahaha! I'M KIDDING ABOUT THE MILKING PART!)
 
So, Plan-B, how are you at drawing kangaroos and pinstripes?

JUST KIDDING!
 
A word to the wise - avoid blogging about co-workers or work topics in general, you don't want be be "dooced".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dooce
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]