Thursday, January 11, 2007

The First Step to a Dream



I've been checking the World Series of Poker website almost daily in anticipation of their schedule announcement after they initially mentioned the tournaments will start June 1st with the Main Event commencing July 6th. I've got some friends who are going to Vegas with me, and I also have a wedding in-between that I absolutely cannot miss. It's early to plan for it, but I want to make sure all the t's are crossed and the i's dotted before I head down.

So the bad news is the $1,000US buy-in tournament has been dropped, and there is nothing I can enter for less than $1,500US. Lots of coin for sure, however, a pleasant surprise is the number of people who told me they'll back me in my bid for a bracelet. If they all come through, I'll have at least $450US towards my entry fee, which is fantastic. I've already raised about $900 with my Ebay sales. So things are definitely looking good! Once again, it's great to see so many people who see my excitement in wanting to play, and want to be a part of it.

There are six no-limit tournaments, all three-day events, that I'm looking at to play. Looking at the schedule, I imagine there will be some with lots of pros, some with not as many with bigger buy-in tourneys occuring around the same time, so I'll likely try to AVOID playing the pros as much as possible to increase my odds. It'll still be cool though to have a pro sit at my table, and if Daniel Negreanu busts me out, hey, I can say it took the best to take all my chips.

I'll post more updates as they come, and remember, if you wanna buy a stake...let me know! :)

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]