Friday, January 19, 2007

Bam Bam Bigelow dies at age 45


I rarely talk about the WWE on my blog, and when I do, it's usually because someone died. Well, here I am again. Scott "Bam Bam" Bigelow was found dead in his Florida home this morning at the young age of 45. His cause of death is unknown at this point, but more details will be released once the autopsy is performed.

Some of my friends have told me I should have tried out to become a professional wrestler. I'm not sure if I have the athleticism to do it, but being in front of a huge crowd and entertaining the fans would definitely be an alright profession. But looking at the number of wrestlers who have passed away during or after their respective careers, makes me think more and more it's imposing your own death sentence if you decide to make a living out of it.

Anyway, when I was little, Bigelow was an awesome athlete. This guy weighed over 300 lbs and he would do cartwheels and leaps off the top rope that were simply amazing to watch. I remember all my Grade 7 friends, when EVERYONE use to watch wrestling, thought he would become the next champ. And why not? Size, speed & strength, and with those scary tattoos, yikes, you don't want to step into the squared-circle with this guy!

Of course, I thought it was all real at the time. Truth was Bigelow was held back for one reason or another, my guess is Hulk Hogan did not want him to take the spotlight and Vince McMahon obliged. Regardless, he had a 20 year career and travelled the world many times over. He entertained many fans along the way, and left a lasting impression on the world of "sports entertainment". Here's hoping there was at least no foul play, drugs or whatnot that cause your death Bam Bam, and that you're in a better place.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]