Monday, December 04, 2006

So Much Sens...



A few people have asked me why I am writing so many blog entries on the Senators lately. Well, I'm trying to become a "team blogger" for the website www.hockeybuzz.com. That website features the anonymous blogger "Eklund" who has contacts around the NHL that feed him trade rumours, upcoming hirings/firings and so on. It would require you to write an article on your team every day, so I put my name in the hat and hope to be selected. Eklund posted an entry saying he has about 2,700 potential bloggers for the Senators alone. With that many in the field, it's a long shot, but I'm trying. So there you have it! Hopefully the fact that I already maintain a daily blog will show them I have the commitment to do it; the thought that about 250,000 potential readers can read my blog entries is definitely exciting!

Now, to my Sens! Funny how Don Cherry spoke about the resurgence of the Ottawa Senators on Saturday and how he praised coach Bryan Murray for keeping the team together and not giving up. He also mentioned how it was ridiculous many fans thought the team needed a big overhaul when the answers came from within. But in the same breath, still thinks Ottawa should trade Daniel Alfredsson. Sorry Don, but that counts as a pretty big shakeup. Alfie has no desire to leave Ottawa and wants to stay, and we should keep him. However, I will give Cherry props for also talking about how the adversity Ottawa has faced this year will make them better and tougher to play in the post-season. Usually I don't agree with his opinions, but I do here. Hey, the Senators aren't a favourite to win it al, but so be it. Just make it to the dance and anything can happen.

Two games in two days start tomorrow, as the boys face the New York Islanders and Washington Capitals. Gerber is starting against the Isles and I imagine Emery will get the Washington game, in any case, Gerber still needs to get some more games in and I expect he will be alright coming off the confidence-boosting win against Carolina last week (I should also mention Don Cherry thinks Gerber WILL play like his old self once again). The Eastern Conference is tight, with only two points separating the Islanders (who are in third as I write this) and Ottawa who sit in ninth place. A win will put them in a playoff position with many games remaining, but mentally getting there will be a big boost for the club and I expect them to play hard against a rejuvenated Islanders team. Should be a good contest.

Comments:
Let's be clear. What Cherry said was that Alfie gets blamed for everything. Always. When the Sens give up six goals, it's Alfie's fault. When the team can't score, it's Alfie's fault. When the Sens get knocked out by the Leafs, it's Alfie's fault.

Cherry made it pretty claer that he liked Alfie and thopuight he was a very good player. He just thought that the Sens captain might benefit from having less pressure. Like playing somewhere other than in a Canadian market.
 
Why didn't your friends leave a comment on your blog so it looks like people are reading it? Might help you in your pursuit of a Super Sens Blogdom.
 
Well, if he started Blogging about the Leafs, I'd comment... :)
 
Same here Stan, but preferably more Bruins blogging then the leafs...
 
Maybe we should all just head over to hockeybuzz.com and see all the fun NHL blogging for ourselves! :)

PS - I don't know if I want BP talking about the Leafs right now... Let's wait until their slump is over, um, you know, around March...
 
Bruins? Leafs? Why waste time talking about two teams that won't even make the playoffs?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]