Friday, December 15, 2006

The most wonderful time of the year


So why the Santa with a Coke? Well, I guess I'm a bit thirsty.

I'm a big fan of Christmas. Although many stress at the thought of buying presents and cooking holiday meals, I like venturing in the busy malls and picking up some gifts for close ones. In fairness, there's no cooking for me to do, unless it's just for myself! As my mom put it to me a few years ago, "All you have to do Ben, is show up and eat!" Yes indeed, I am very fortunate others take care of that for me.

Tonight I'm heading to Fratelli's with a bunch of friends to eat, drink and be merry, then tomorrow is my work's Christmas party which I always enjoy. There's apparently a poker table and I'm supposed to be a dealer, but I'm unsure if that's still happening. The thought of poker & Christmas being mixed together is a fantastic idea though!

One of my co-workers, Jennifer, was grocery shopping and saw a box of chocolates wrapped to make them look like poker chips. Awesome! Jen brought them into work for me and said, "Ben, I saw these, and immediately thought of you, so I had to get them!" What a nice little surprise for the ol' SBP. That sort of thing rarely happens outside of the holiday season.

Comments:
Yes!!! Yes you are dealing cards tomorrow night at the party!! Yes it is still happening!!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]