Wednesday, December 13, 2006

A handful of pics from the 2006 Ol' SBP Poker Invitational held this past September

No one bothered to take any pictures until the end which is a shame, but here you go:



What's it's all about: The sweet cashola and the bracelet that goes with it. If you click on the above pic, you can read the engraving on the bracelet!



The final hand. Dan raised pre-flop with Q-2 of hearts. With the blinds very high, he was pretty much pot-commited when I then went all-in with pocket 5s, any pocket pair being a big hand heads-up. Dan initially flopped two pair, putting me on the ropes, but I caught one of the remaining two fives in the deck on the river to make trips to capture the title of ol' SBP champion!



Dan and myself pose with our winnings.



Still friends after the contest. Note my hair defying the laws of gravity...my hand passed through my locks several times after contemplating many difficult decisions. Luckily, I own an ample supply of hair gel which corrected it later!



Thanks again to Kim for hosting, and Alex, Kerri, Jason, Holly, Dan B, Dan P, Susan and Marc for coming out. Marc especially; you calling my all-in when I made a boat (Kings over Jacks) was pretty sweet! :)

Comments:
SBP! Have you seen Borat yet? I checked your blog because you're my source for movie opinionation! Any word? Let me know! Hope you're having a good holiday, or pre-holiday. KevIN in Japan
 
No problem glad I could be there to call that all-in...ya jerk!

for the record I had pocket 10s
 
Kev my man, check out my November 7/06 post for my Borat review! Hope Japan makes you a winn-a, huh huh huh!


Marc: Could have sworn you were holding King-rag!
 
By Gordon's rule of 4 and 2, Dan was about a 92% favourite on the flop and almost a 96% favourite after the turn. How do you sleep at night?
 
On top of a big pile of money with many beautiful ladies! Ha!

That and knowing I was a 65% favourite pre-flop didn't make me feel all that guilty about the suck-out.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]