Thursday, December 28, 2006

Do people still fall for these?

I got this in my email the other day. I guess someone must reply, or they'd have stopped it by now:

Subject: CONFIDENTIAL BUSINESS PROPOSAL

Dear Friend,

My name is Mr. William Asare, I am the regional manager of a Amalgamated
Bank Limited in Accra Ghana. I write you this proposal in good faith; I am
48years old married with two lovely kids. I am a devoted Christian and a
man of peace.I have packaged a financial transaction that will benefit you
and I, as the regional manager of the bank, it is my duty to send a
financial report to my head office in the capital city Accra at the end of
each business year.

On the course of t he last year 2005 business report, I discovered that my
branch in which, I am the manager made Twelve Million five Hundred
Thousand United States Dollars ($12,500,000.00), which my head office is
not aware of and will never be aware of. I have placed this funds on what
we call escrow account with no beneficiary. As an officer of this bank I
can not be directly connected to this money, so my aim of contacting you
is to assist me transfer this funds into your foreign bank account and get
20% of the total funds as commission.

There are practically no risks involved, the transaction will be executed
under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of
the law, it will be simply a bank-to-bank transfer, and all I need from
you is to stand and claim as the original depositor of these funds who
made the deposit with my branch so that my head office can order the
transfer to your designated bank account under few working days.

If you accept to work with me I will appreciate it very much as you are
the first and the only person I am contacting for this transaction.
Send me a mail as soon as you receive this message, if you think we can
work together so that we can go over the details.

Thank you in advance and May God bless you and your family.
Yours truly,
Mr. Mr. William Asare.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nueva Barra de Herramientas de OZÚ. Navega Más facilmente por Internet.
¡Descargatela gratis! http://barra.ozu.es/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Correo enviado desde http://www.ozu.es

Comments:
Wow, he must be pretty important to have to put "Mr." TWICE in front of his name...

So, when do you get the cash? :)
 
Hmmmmm. Do you find your computer running a little slower now???
 
Not sure I get why that would happen...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]