Thursday, November 23, 2006

What's in your wallet?



I shouldn't shill a credit card, but this deal is too good to pass up. See, ever since that big TV idea entered into my head, I've looked at different lines of credit to apply for since I was planning to do monthly payments. The frustrating thing is that, even though I have an impeccable credit rating and carry my mortage, car payments and otherwise all my banking with TD, their line of credit rate they offered was prime + 5%. Hey, thanks for nothing. When my mortage runs out I'll be going elsewhere.

Anyway, that whole "hands in my pocket" song stuck in my head, so today I decided to check out what they offered. And it's pretty sweet: a credit card with a rate prime + 1% and it isn't an introductory rate. And no annual fee, either. So why would I mess around with a TD line of credit?

There is only one more $250 payment left to make on my current Mastercard and that will officially bring my both my credit cards to a zero balance. I will then cut them up and start using Capital One.

Comments:
Good for you. Let's celebrate! You can buy and put everything on your NEW card.
 
Just don't go for Capital One's account balance protection program. Actually, you might have a better time with it if the insurance company you're assigned is based in Ottawa. If all Canadian agreements go through the same, Toronto-based insurance company (Legacy), CUT AND RUN! It's a long story (longer than this post, even), but they were amateurish jerks. After dealing with them, I made a vow to close my Capital One account altogether!

(Er, did I just slander Legacy, and can they sue me for it?)
 
By the way, NICE job on wiping out your credit card debt. That's a rarity and I am envious!
 
Hey Ben and Nirm,

Nice work on stickin it to TD. Banks are such scam societies. Take that TD. How do I go about opening my own bank?

Regarding the slander possibility: my new job at times affords me lots of daytime TV watching and I'm not sure which california court show I saw it on, but it's only slander if it ain't true. So if they spit in your face, it's ok to tell EVERYONE! And if it's a sleazy insurance co, bank, financial institution or police force that did it, I say sing it sister. Now I just wonder how much california law is upheld in canada?
 
I don't think we're slandering by just discussing our customer service we experienced. I called TD, they said prime + 5%. So screw 'em! If they threaten me with a lawsuit because they claim they offered me prime + 1%, no lawsuit required, I'll take the new rate they offered!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]