Monday, November 27, 2006

Ultimate...Indoor version

A few of you may not know, but every Monday I've committed myself to playing Indoor Ultimate in Gatineau to sort of force me off the couch and get the blood flowing. Our team hasn't won a game yet. And actually, the 2nd game of the season was a real confidence buster: We lost 29-6 (and I have a feeling some of us just decided to stop scoring, so it was probably even worse than that). However, I feel that game was probably just a blip on the radar. For the other three we played, we lost by one point the first game, three points or so for the next, and tonight we tied. Ultimate gets a bit of a bum rap for being a more sportsmanship-oriented sport as to others, but I can honestly say as long as the games are close and the competition even, it doesn't bother me that we lose. It's not much fun when you're getting blown out of the water 29-6 as I mentioned, but as long as the games are close, I'll continue to enjoy it.

Other thoughts...I got spanked playing heads-up against Kerri and Alex last night. Three losses, zero wins! What do you want me to do...these jerks catch Ace-King, Jacks, suck outs on the turn...ah, you gotta roll with the punches sometimes!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]