Saturday, November 25, 2006

Mmmm....Lift!



Eight years ago (how time flies), while travelling Australia & New Zealand, I discovered a soft drink that would become a staple during my stay. Made by the good people at Coca-Cola, "Lift" is a very lemon-y fizzy soda that's sweet to drink, but has a nice tart punch to it at the end. Ahhh...refreshing! While working at the Greater Union movie theatres, you were free to drink whatever you'd like during your shift, so I'd frequently have Lift as I knew you couldn't buy it Canada and that's where my addiction probably started.

Anyway, most of you know my mom came back from Australia just this past Monday, and yesterday while Kylie and myself celebrated her birthday at her place, mom came through for SBP and brought me back three bottles of Lift. She had to stuff them pretty good in her suitcase, but mission accomplished. Funny how fond memories of my trip can be brought back by a simple swig of pop!

Thanks mom!

Comments:
Can you PLEASE bring some to Poker tomorrow night???? I want a swig!!!!
 
Fantastic stuff. We need to start some kinda campaign here in Ottawa.
 
I went to the Wikipedia site and smiled as they stated Lift is sold "on a regional basis" in the USA! The coke website confirmed sales in the States but did not get into specifics. Perfect! Now if anyone travels south, you know what you can get for me!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]