Thursday, October 19, 2006

Yikes



My Senators are making things too difficult for my liking.

I thought tonight's game vs the Avalanche would be a good opportunity for Ottawa to start a winning streak of some kind. The Avs played last night, they only have 2 victories, Jose Theodore has never played well against Ottawa, and you'd figure they'd be due for a power play goal.

It probably started when Dean Brown announced Colorado has never beaten Ottawa on home ice in, what, eight years? Let the jinx begin. Ottawa played a really strong first period, dominating puck possession and the Pizza line created some good chances. But for some reason, they fell asleep at the switch during the 2nd period and Colorado took advantage and squeaked by with a 2-1 win. It's also one thing for Ottawa to have a power play that's struggling, but when it's also become a liability, where you have allowed more short-handed goals than scored power-play markers for yourself, things can't get much worse, and something is definitely wrong.

A few positives I can take out of the game include Martin Gerber playing strong in net, Joe Corvo looked good in his first game as a Sen, and Dany Heatley FINALLY got one monkey off his back with his first goal of the year.

Jason Spezza is still playing horrible hockey. But the fans at last night's game really annoyed me when they decided to boo him once he touched the puck. You need to stand behind your players, and it's bad enough Leafs fans boo Alfredsson when he's in Toronto. THIS AIN'T THE AIR CANADA CENTRE FOLKS. Back up your players.

Funny thing is that, despite this tough start, I'm not that worried. But, ask me again the end of October, and I might just give you a different reponse. To try and give Ottawa a little bit of luck, I switched the Senators logo I usually do for my posts.

That's about all I can do.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]