Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Show me da money

Might be a bit difficult to make out, but what you are seeing is my hockey pool win (circled are my picks and the pink highlights are the actual winners) where I successfully predicted 18 on 20 results for last weekend's NHL games. I turned $2.00 into $118...sweet! The previous week I didn't win but still did alright...13 on 18 correct, the winner correctly guessed 14 so I almost had a piece of that pie, too. Maybe Pro-line will be next?

We had our final United Way poker tournament at work where 1/2 the buy-ins go to charity. I lost three weeks straight but today managed to come out on top and take the $50 first prize (so in actual fact, I came out ahead $10 for the month)and handed out some bad beats at the end to win. With about 1/3 of the chips in front of me playing heads-up, I went all-in with 4-5 to steal the blinds but was called with Ace-King, and I hit a four on the turn to double up. My Queen-9 of diamonds clashed with King-9 of spades, but I rivered a flush to double up AGAIN. The last hand was an all-in with King-Jack, and I called with Queen-Jack and paired my Queen on the flop to become the winner. I can't remember the last time I laid so many bad beats in one sitting on someone, but, THAAAAAT'S poker! And this makes up for all those times SBP got the bad beats laid out on HIM!

Comments:
So, what're you going to spend all that extra cash on, buddy?
 
Now I have an excuse to buy a couple of hockey tickets.
 
A little in-person scouting trip for your next gambling win, eh? Nice.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]